Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Disecting a Summer Holiday: Volume One, Edition One. (Limited run 2xCopies)

Whoa.


My holiday is fast running out like yak fat in a Mongolian lamp. I haven't accomplished half of what I wanted to. There are more unmarked boxes on my checklist than there are welts on my pale thighs (32).

I have, however, got sunburnt. I'll check that box. Excellent. Now I'm worried I'm going to develop the..... well you know, I'm not going to say it. It scares the crap outta me. It's kind of funny- there's this whole new push "Australian kids don't actually get enough sun. They lack vitamin D. The television told me so. We should also be able to hit them". I reckon (and I'm not technically a scientist- although my mum has a science degree* and I sometimes listen to what she says*) that you probably get enough sunshine running out the back and hiding while someone knocks on your front door. I don't think we need more sun.


Shouldn't have drank so many beers before typing. I have no idea where I'm going with this.

Sunburn is irresponsible and comparable to smoking?

Yeah, that'll do.

*I think my mum has a science degree. It's degree of some sort.
* My mum told me to wear sunscreen and to apologise when I broke things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.