Wednesday, June 11, 2008

All slow No glow

"She's going to be a cock professor studying my dick, she's gonna get a masters degree in fucking me!" is perhaps the greatest line ever written, thank you Ween. I would have found it funny when I was ten, that's how great it is.

Pure Guava by Ween was the first CD I ever bought. I think I was about nine or ten and my Gran had given me some money to buy an album. It was a toss up between Ween or Ugly Kid Joe's America's Least Wanted. While the cover art of the Ugly Kid Joe album was alluring I chose Pure Guava simply for the fact that I wanted to listen to Push th' Little Daisies four hundred times in a row. Kids at school said it was the dumbest worst suckiest song ever which instantly made it the greatest song of year 5. Anyway, the album blew my mind- it had lots of awesome swearing and the guitars got all fucked up and nasally. I used to play the solos through my nose "nuh nuh nuhnuh nuh nuh nuh"

The CD doesn't work anymore. It's all jerked up. I'm going to get some sand paper and try and level out the scratches.

No comments: